The best position is whichever you find the most comfortable, and that gives you enough lasting sleep without waking due to position changes.
As you sleep, your body is very busy working to revitalize your internal systems. This process does burn calories – more than many may believe. But if you’re not in a deep restful sleep, this process slows and even stops.
Keep in mind though, you won’t see any measurable reductions in specific body fat due solely to sleep or sleep positions. The calories you burn during the recuperative process come from your blood and liver – not stored fat…but this can make a noticable difference around your midsection!
So is there a sleep posittion that helps you burn more fat? For the most part, this is actually a myth. If you really want results, try adding a little resistance training to your schedule.
One of the best tools I have found aligns with the adage of keeping it simple! If you really want to lose weight, start with obeying some simple rules – The Seven Laws of Weight Loss…
- Make a commitment to do whatever it takes
- Start from a foundation of happiness…make this decision because you really want to
- Design your own healthy diet plan
- Manage your emotions. This one can be a killer if not handled!
- Find a way to exercise daily
- Keep a Journal (from my experience, the most important item here!)
- Be persistent